Who we Are
Global Women Empowerment Movement Organization (GEM) Corp. is a United States non-profit, humanitarian organization and a federal 501© (3) corporation dedicated to empowering women and youths, transforming and restoring the abused, administering empowerment Initiatives that rebuild lives and communities; addressing African immigrant victimization issues, human trafficking issues and providing support for families, single mothers and children in distress as well as to bridging the gap between Africans and People of African Descent in the Diaspora, scattered in our local communities in the United States, Africa, and around the world.
We recognize that self-development is not enough for real poverty eradication, we provide real support, including mentorship, talent incubator, and economic resources for the talent/skill development and deployment especially for the most vulnerable and underprivileged.
GEM’s Mission & Vision
The GEM Mission is to unite Africans In the Diaspora; address victimization issues and to connect people and resources in our local community and to Africa for the development of the motherland
GEM Vision is to be the center that empowers, rebuilds lives, and bridges the gap between communities of the People of African Descent and to provide economic empowerment support for poverty-stricken families, abandoned single mothers and children in distress vulnerable to victimization, abuse, and human trafficking.
- Unite Africans in the Diaspora and People of African Descent
- Foster togetherness, cultural, and socioeconomic empowerment
- Showcase the rich heritage and culture of the African diaspora
- Address the issues in our local community and needy communities in Africa
- Support the Single Mothers And Abandoned Children in Distress (SMACID)
- Advocate for victims of abuse and trafficking
- Support families, women, youths, and people in need
- Connect people and resources to Africa for the development of the motherland
We use books, movies and United Nations events to educate, create awareness and raise an army fighting against this scouge.
Global Empowerment Movement (GEM) hosted the 57th Session of The Commission for Social Development Side Event
Activating and Strengthening Women Empowerment through Economic and Social Inclusion: Empowerment as a Link to Poverty Eradication and Sustainable Development – CSocD57 Side Event
As reported by the United Nations
Global Empowerment Initiatives
Community Empowerment (Empowering Lives)
- Economic/Skill Empowerment
- Women Empowerment
- Youth Empowerment
- Preventive Wellness
- Authentic Self-Empowerment
African Immigrants Issues (Advocacy)
- Human Trafficking
- Single Mothers/Children in Distress (Abused/Abandoned)
- Domestic Violence
African Diaspora Empowerment (Uniting People)
- African Diaspora Day
- United African Descent/Unity in Diversity
- Promoting Africa Cultural Awareness
- African Center
Africa Empowerment (Bridging the Gap)
- Enrich Africa
- Adopt Africa
- Visit Africa
Be A Blessing, Be Our Partner (Support Us to Dignify the Needy)
- Victims of Human Trafficking
- Poverty Intervention
- Sponsor a Child/Family, Adopt a Community in Africa
- Donate money/resources
- Donate your time
Be our Global Partner
Make a Positive Impact, Enrich Your Local Community and Africa for a better world
We partner with civil society, corporate, and the public to ensure travelling across various communities to tracking/monitoring compliance of the implementation process.
Partnership and collaboration is critical to achieving GEMs goals. We are stronger together!
With your support we can REACH WIDE
Even a small amount helps to support the empowerment and education of the vulnerable children and their families.
We encourage you to join us in the fight against victimization, human trafficking, poverty intervention, etc.
We are accepting donations now. You do not have to attend or be a part of the fundraising event to support us.
Please support us and join in this critical fight against human trafficking, abuse, and inhumanity by making a tax-deductible contribution here or through paypal.
To us, your support is PRICELESS
We will appreciate and acknowledge any support and funding for our Anti-Human trafficking education program. We would be happy to recognize your business’ contribution in our promotional materials and in later reports in our newsletter, on our website, and through other communications to the public.
For further information about GEM authenticity and initiatives, please visit the link below to see the resolution that was passed in the State of Georgia >> Link
GLOBAL EMPOWERMENT MOVEMENT
Dignifying the Needy Together
We are stronger together
Partnership and collaboration is critical to achieving GEMs goals.
You can dignify the needy with your resources, talents, and time.
Businesses, organizations, agencies, and individuals can support GEM’s work by becoming a Global Partner via Sponsorship or Donation. For more of the benefits of being a GEM Global Partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK TO READ
While human trafficking is a global phenomenon, African human trafficking is interwoven with and tied to poverty. The situation of human trafficking in Africa has reached an alarming proportion given the ramifying effects on the current wave of intra and extra African migration. This interconnectedness manifests in the growing numbers of women and children in vulnerable situation of poverty, desperation, depression, victimization and hopelessness that have become victims of trafficking due to some of the push and pull factors that made them susceptible. Quite often, human trafficking involves some form of forced, coerced, sexual or labor exploitation, including quest for greener pastures. Many are deceived, or coerced, significant number willingly acquiesced into being trafficked in order to seek supposedly “better life” abroad. Many are enticed and pushed by the successes of peers abroad which made them, in some cases, to openly solicit, pay for, and willingly allow themselves to be transported in search of better life. Sometimes poor parents in desperation often push their children, especially girl child, into vulnerable trafficked situation by drawing unbridled comparison between them and those displaying ostentatious life styles at home. Therefore, one of the underlying factors responsible for human trafficking is desperation for better life which made many victims becoming active and willing participants in the illegal trade of trafficking and thereby embarking on various perilous journeys abroad.
- The trend is high and is rising. Evidence suggests that the global sex trade is the fastest growing form of commerce, worth over $32 billion annually. This indicates that human trafficking is one of the fastest growing area of organized crime and the third largest global income generating business from organized crime after narcotics and arms sales. What makes this business unique is that women and girls sold into sex trafficking earn profits for their pimps and traffickers over a great number of years, unlike the profits earned from drugs and narcotics that are sold and used only once. The costs to society are myriad and varied and include but not limited to the degradation of human and women’s rights, poor public health, disrupted communities, and diminished social development. Victims of sex trafficking acquire adverse physical and psychological health conditions and social disadvantages.
- To this end, in view of no one-size-fits-all strategies to frontally confront this scourge there is need for continuous conversation and dialogue around the phenomenon of human trafficking among social practitioners, academia, members of diplomatic community, and other stakeholders with the view of proffering holistic solutions that would result in comprehensive and integrated approach founded on behavioral modification, reorientation, continuous sensitization, mentoring, empowerment and support to victims of human trafficking in tandem with philosophical underpinning of Agenda 2030 of leaving no one behind.
- Consequently, Global Empowerment Movement and Blessings of Africa Empowerment Foundation embarks on prevention education, intervention programs, and raising awareness via Side Event (SE) on the “The Magnitude of Human Trafficking Problems in Africa and the Way Forward” at the United Nations, etc. The Side Event provides opportunity to present the empowerment book as well as premiere an educational anti-human trafficking film produced on the subject by the Gender and Development Advocate, Dr. Queen Blessing Itua.
Goal: Key into the UN CSW Meeting to Combat Trafficking in Persons.
- To build synergy across various stakeholders on combating trafficking.
- To generate interests and provide support for various endeavors aimed at combating trafficking.
- To sustain the current discourses at the UN against the phenomenon of human trafficking.
Call for partnership and Sponsorship
EM Summit/Awards (Celebrating Others) (Global WIN & GEM)
Engage people, organizations, and governments who have excelled in different spheres of life in all culture, country, city, nationality, and ethnicity globally, for the sole purpose of appreciating the exceptional contribution to making the world a better place and being A Blessing to the world…
The award honors men and women for their commitment to improving the lives of the people they serve. The awardee is also recognized for exceptional efforts in the areas of preventive wellness, rural economic development, youths making a difference, education, women of distinction, volunteerism, philanthropy/humanitarian, and resilient single mothers and children.
GLOBAL SUMMIT & AWARDS GALA is (A 2 or 3 -day annual event) (*subject to change)
Event/DAY 1 People of Africa Descent Empowerment
Event/DAY 2 Preventive Wellness for Prevention & Childhood Obesity
- Women Wellness Collaborative Prevention
- Preventive Wellness & Lifestyle Transformation
- Celebrating Your Authentic self
Event/DAY 3 Character Building and Service Empowerment
- The Impact of Women & Children Abandonment
- Supporting Women, Children & Families Impacted By Abuse & Abandonment
GLOBAL Empowerment Award
GLOBAL Empowerment Award is a 1-day event.
GEM is Empowerment Organization that empower, inspire, and reward leaders worldwide who spearhead empowerment programs that develop the community…
GLOBAL Empowerment Award is a 1-day event.
GEM is Empowerment Organization that empower, inspire, and reward leaders worldwide who spearhead empowerment programs that develop the community.
We believe is giving recognition to many silent, unsung individuals who are diligently ‘serving in secret’ to making a positive impact and building communities around the world in ‘selfless service.’
Global WIN in collaboration with Global Empowerment Movement The Gem to Host Awards Ceremony for Exceptional Humanitarians/Icons/Stars making a difference making a difference in the grassroots
Please note, Sponsorship benefits may vary, contact us for more details.
Get in Touch
Her Excellency Mrs. Fatoumatta Bah-Barrow, The First Lady of The Republic of The Gambia Honored with the Distinguished Global Award for Excellence in Women, Children, and Youth Development and the Blessings of Africa Iconic Champion of Change Award Dr. Queen...
PRESS RELEASE: Global Empowerment Movement (GEM) USA Corporation to host the Sixty-Third Annual Commission on the Status of Women (CSW63) Event
Press Release: Please Share with Your Networks On 15 March 2019, the Global Empowerment Movement (GEM) USA Corporation will host the Sixty-Third Annual Commission on the Status of Women (CSW63) Event - the largest annual gathering of women at the United Nations side...