Global Empowerment Movement (GEM) Corporation is a United Nations Non-Governmental Organization in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) since 2018.
Global Empowerment Movement (GEM) is duly established with a 501 (c)(3) status since 2015 for empowerment blessings through economic empowerment, advocacy, and support of People in Need to better-living conditions. Our programs empower and enrich the poverty-stricken, at-risk families with empowerment services as well as life skill empowerment and overall wellness empowerment.
Our mission is to provide empowerment services, advocate for equality, and to promote sustainable economic development for the poor, disadvantaged families in need.
Our vision is to be a center for empowerment in our Local and Global Communities, leaving no one behind.
To Empower Families In Need (FIN) and People In Need (PIN) with the goal of “leaving no one behind” in our communities, and making our World a better place for us all.
Specifically, we focus on the empowerment of Women (the heartbeat of the family): Women In Need (WIN); Youth (the leaders of tomorrow starting today): Youths In Need (YIN), victims of subjugation (domestic violence/human trafficking); abused, and abandoned poor Single Mothers and Children in Distress (SMACID); widows; and orphans, who because of their circumstances are prone to impoverishment, subjugation, and crimes of human trafficking and homelessness.
We work to provide empowerment services and economic support and advocacy in our local communities.
We work with partners and global affiliates, including the AU Sixth Region USA Foundation and the Blessings of Africa (BOA) Empowerment Foundation, and local representatives to empower and to bless lives by empowering the voiceless, blessing the hopeless, dignifying the needy, advocating for gender and economic equality, human trafficking, and homelessness.
United Nations ECOSOC Consultative Status
GEM aims to champion the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication and alleviation of suffering in developing communities through economic empowerment, using locally-focused, life-changing, culturally customized empowerment programs to target the specific needs of those we serve in our Global community, in partnership with YOU for a better World.
We Are the Blessings of Our Communities, We Are the Blessings of Our World, and We Are Stronger Together!
Click here to see our past UN Events
Through advocacy, economic, and financial empowerment programs, we bring succor to the vulnerable communities disadvantaged by poverty, locally and around the world, with a dedicated focus on the poorest of the poor, victims of human trafficking/gender-based domestic violence, abused and abandoned Single Mothers and Children in Distress (SMACID).
GEM UN AI-Blockchain Global Summit
(Combating Poverty and Climate Change with AI-Blockchain)
Our ultimate goal is to alleviate poverty and promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Support us, Donate to us, Partner with us.
Request More Information
How We Work
WAYS GEM ACCOMPLISHES ITS MISSION
- Through United Nations events at the UN Headquarter in New York to Champion and promote the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Through self-sufficiency promotion, advocacy, comprehensive wellness, and social services, for the underprivileged ones in developing communities
- Through awareness education and advocacy of economic and wellness standards
- Through partnerships: We partner with global affiliates, civil societies, etc. for a wider reach
- Through Affiliates: We facilitate Business Exchange/Field Trips/Tourism and humanitarian services to Africa with affiliates, including the Blessings of Africa Empowerment Foundation, and the AU Sixth Region USA Foundation
- Through create of products distribution platform for humanitarian mission sustainability
- Through GEM center: Support us to establish GEM centers (headquarter and regions)
- Support us, donate to us…..Your donations will help us to continue to empower and transform lives.
We provide advocacy and empowerment support for vulnerable communities:
- Support Women in Need (WIN) and with a Focus on Support for Single Mothers and Children In Distress (SMACID) through Empowerment and mentorship in the following areas:
- Self-esteem for Girls & Youths Building Character/Talent Development
- Support Groups Meeting/Mothers and Children Conferences
- Support Women In Need (displaced by economic disadvantage)
- Youth In Need (YIN), including Economic, Educational, Personal, and Professional Development Empowerment via talent, character building, and Self-care/wellness development
- Preventive Wellness Awareness, challenging women to wellness leadership role
- Dignifying the Needy with our substance
- Human-Trafficking Awareness Program (HAP)
- Advocacy support of the Homeless
Our affiliates are
Blessings of Africa Empowerment Foundation and Africa Union Sixth Region USA Foundation.
GEM is an initiative of Global WIN LLC.
Together, we aim to unite for peace, eradicate poverty, alleviate suffering, and help to advocate and support at-risk families and their children to avoid becoming victims of victimization by addressing poverty, which is one of the main reason that at-risk families are vulnerable to victimization, human trafficking and prostitution through economic empowerment and through advocacy education –
educating and empowering at-risk vulnerable families and youth about warning signs through provision of educational, anti human trafficking materials through increased awareness, including movies and book, training, advocacy and collaboration.
GEM honors and celebrates the leaders and individuals who are exemplary of what we advocate; dedicated to the positive impact that changes the narratives.
GEM Awards is poised to honor, celebrate, reward, and promote excellence of the great leaders and changemakers from across the world who are committed to empowerment for economic and social development, nationally, regionally and globally, with a special attention on “The Blessings of Africa” – Exemplary Leaders and Individuals of African Descent in the Diaspora and Africa.
Our immediate past Distinguished Global Award Recipients are Her Excellency Mrs. Fatoumatta Bah-Barrow, The First Lady of The Republic of The Gambia and Her Excellency Mrs. Aisha Buhari, the First Lady of Nigeria.